The Earth Sphere
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Earth Sphere

Lords of the Earth

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diyan Bible (SGW how to)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tek
High Council Member
High Council Member

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Who are you
Life Force:
Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Left_bar_bleue130/130Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Empty_bar_bleue  (130/130)

Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Empty
PostSubject: Diyan Bible (SGW how to)   Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Icon_minitime12th March 2009, 16:21

Quote :
The following information is how i, and my fellow trainers operate in game. It is not THE definitive, or even right way to play SGW. You should always look to others more experienced then us to further your knowledge. As they say, knowledge is power and we are forever seeking to further our strength. All in the alliance trainers are welcome to add to this list, leave your ideas below and i'll add to it

- Account Set up
The basic rule for account build is that 20% of your troops MAX (preferably lower) should be trained as killable units (Cov/ACov/Defence). this is to make sure you maintain an account capable of recovering from a Massing. With perg now basically an unmassable realm this is less important but should still be observed as Normal realm WILL take your army apart if you over train.

General Guidelines

x Save training Anti Covert units until you are no longer attacking other players and simply trying to boost your rank into Glory and Reputation positions. Whilst you are actively attacking other players never have AC trained, as it will cause you many casualties if you do so. See Massing Section for when to use Anti Covert.

x Its tempting to plough all your Untrained into Covert & Defence but do not do it. Observe the 10/20% rule and train your killable units with this in mind. IE if you have a 5 million size army, the 20% means you should have 1mil troops MAX trained into Covert/Defence. Attack Troops can be trained in amounts as to suit your farming habits but remember the importance of miners.

x Balance is the Key. Sitting behind a meagre defence and little covert with a huge Strike leaves you open to sabotage. On the flip Side sitting behind a huge defence/Covert with most of your army trained leaves you open to massing style decimation. Strike a good balance, only build what you wont mind losing.

x Your Unit production, in conjunction with UP planets is the bloodstream of your forces. The Higher the UP, the higher the Untrained you have at your disposal. The larger the army, the larger that 10/20% of trained units is. You do lose your UP when you ascend, but it should always be the first thing you focus on improving. Everything else falls in line after it.

x Miners are vital. they provide safe haven for your untrained, they provide income and they provide bank space for saving up for various techs/Covert levels. Dont let anyone tell you they arent important. If your income means your getting overfarmed, hit critical to reduce it. You wont keep every bit of naq you produce, so dont sweat losing it. If over zealous farmers continue to bug you, come see the alliance.

x Just as you wouldnt leave huge amounts of naq out, dont leave your Untrained Units relaxing in the open. get them to work in the mines if they have no others use for you.

x The Critical setting is your friend. Gonna be away from the PC for many an hour? Hit critical, it lowers your income, improves your covert and makes sabotage difficult. I always hit crit when im out of the house/sleeping

x Higher Covert levels are better then millions of spies. But personal choice dictates how high you have your levels. Generally training till your next level is too dear for your bank is what people do. however since you lose your Covert levels when you ascend some choose to keep it relatively low.

x Motherships. A Luxury until you have your growth structure correctly in place. However once you are at a point where your growing nicely, your stats have you close to GnR range and your army is wel l balanced, building your M/S up can be a nice boost not only in war but in rank. However you will find aggressive farming becomes more expensive in repairs.

x Bank. I personally find the bank vital along with UP, and obviously Miners. I try to keep a nice chunk of Naq for rainy, war like days. Dont wanna be caught with your pants down now do you.

Last edited by Tek on 13th March 2009, 04:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tek
High Council Member
High Council Member

Who are you
Life Force:
Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Left_bar_bleue130/130Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Empty_bar_bleue  (130/130)

PostSubject: Re: Diyan Bible (SGW how to)   Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Icon_minitime12th March 2009, 16:23

- Planet Set up
Planets are vital to growth. Most players operate with 6 or 7 Unit production planets and 3/4 Income Boosting planets. This gives your account nice growth boosts and will in turn improve your other stats, indirectly.

x Stealing planets is generally a massable offence, so, try not to do it on active players. See Farming section on how to identify an inactive account.

x To get the most out of UP planets ensure the UP boost is always at least half of your current raw UP. If its over your raw UP, then improve your raw until the planets boost is half of it.

x Raw UP and Miners take precedance over your planets, ensure those 2 things are in order before relying on planets for growth. Planets Supplement your Growth, not keep it going. Dont want to be caught short in a war when your planets are taken now do you?

EDIT: [by Orbsen]
x Planets' defences: either you build VERY high defence (~500bil), or none at all. Its best to go with the second way because it takes huge amounts of naq to build high defences which you'll surely need somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Tek
High Council Member
High Council Member

Who are you
Life Force:

PostSubject: Re: Diyan Bible (SGW how to)   Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Icon_minitime12th March 2009, 16:24

- Inactive Farming
Ok first of all, the most productive way of farming whe not using a huge strike is to find inactive accounts with large amounts of Miners & perhaps some tasty Income Planets.

Things to look for in Inactive Farms
x First, is this account inactive? Signs of Inactive accounts are the player having 0 defense and 4999/5000 turns. When you find an inactive account that meets the criteria below, set it to war. This way you can easily access your 'farm list' through the relations menu.

x When you spy an account, look under the 'Untrained' field. The third Number down in that column is how many miners the account has. Preferably looking for 10mil, but depending on your own army size anything down to 5mil can be profitable for you. Anything less will most likely not produce a good amount of naq on a regular basis.

x You want this account to be producing Billions of Naq on the regular. I used to hit for 5bil/7bil but now i have a bigger farm list i only hit for 12bil or more. Smaller accounts can progress nicely hitting for 5/6billion. Some of the nicer farms are hidden by huge covert, you wont be able to benefit from them until your size has Grown and/or covert levels

x Check your farm list everytime you log on and hit any of your farms that have over the 10bil naq out. If you hit for this amount youre laughing. The going rate for a 1000 turns is 230billion. If your hitting for over 10Bil, with a relatively small strike you'll make 230billion in 240 turns. Your making 4times the going rate. (this is a really rough calculation and is affected by your strike repairs, aswell as the amounts you hit for, but should always mean profitable farming for you)
Back to top Go down
Tek
High Council Member
High Council Member

Who are you
Life Force:

PostSubject: Re: Diyan Bible (SGW how to)   Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Icon_minitime12th March 2009, 16:25

- Aggressive Farming
Ok, so you have a huge strike and a nice amount of covert? You might be ready to do twice weekly farming runs.
This way is much more expensive and will cost you in super troops and Mothership repairs. It may also land you in trouble as you are attacking active accounts.However on a good farming run the profit is fantastic.

x Once or twice week, using the market ATs to go through the ranks and Spy/attack the accounts with the desired Naq. Never attack a player of higher rank, or try to spy a player with any ??? displayed on there profile page. Check planet names, if any suggest the player is currently at war then DO NOT ATTACK. War vulturing is bad Mmkay.

x Having 3 internet tabs up and logged in SGW at a time makes this easier. 1 on the 'attack' page, 1 on your 'bank' and 1 on your 'Armory' Page. So taking naq > repairing > banking can all be done in a swift move.

x Ok, my maths isnt strong enough to do the calcs here but you need to use your common sense when it comes to what amounts of naq you hit for. Is hitting a 900billion defence with your 1tril strike really worth 20billion? You have to take your repairs and troop losses into account here and hit for naq amounts accordingly.When i was working with a 150bil strike i generally only attacked 50/60 billion defenses for at least 16/17billion naq.

x Beware overfarming. Hitting someone more then twice a week is risky, these are active accounts now. If Any threats are received attempt to talk the angry player down, if this fails see your Commanding officer/Trainer/Alliance leader. If you DO get massed, take it as part of the game, come see any of the alliance and we'll get us some revenge. Dont whine whatever do you, its a war game afterall.
Back to top Go down
Tek
High Council Member
High Council Member

Who are you
Life Force:

PostSubject: Re: Diyan Bible (SGW how to)   Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Icon_minitime12th March 2009, 16:26

- Basic Guide to Massing
Okay, the inevitable has happened. War has broke out, for whatever reason. If you have built your account as described even if youve been struck first you should be able to recover easily enough, and now be in a position to strike back.

x Ok Whilst its possible to mass a defence thats larger then your strike, i tend to avoid it.

x basically massing goes in this order
Quote :
one turn attacks to take down there mother ship

15 turn attacks to take down there defence

then train your Anti covert troops and use 15 turn attacks till spies are low

sab using link://www.arvystate.net/calc2/

then to kill rest of defence supers use one turn atttacks

x Bigger motherships will decimate you so keep up repairs in a seperate Tab

x Massing goes alot deeper then this, but for now this is all i can share with you as im still learning.
Back to top Go down
Grannus
Commander
Commander
Grannus

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Who are you
Life Force:
Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Left_bar_bleue3603000/3603000Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Empty_bar_bleue  (3603000/3603000)

PostSubject: Re: Diyan Bible (SGW how to)   Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Icon_minitime12th March 2009, 21:54

[quote="Tek"]
Quote :
x Mercenarys. Well, whayever your max merc count is (find it in the merc market) try and split this evenly between your Attack & Defence. Dont arm these mercs. So if you have 500k defence troops and 250k mercs. you should only have 500k weapons. Dont worry, its the mercs that go without and even though your kills LOOK bigger the majority is the unarmed mercs. Its a small advantage as you still lose supers but every little helps.

not quite true, they fixed that bug and it still loses the same about in percentage, regardless.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/druidwarrior1989
Tek
High Council Member
High Council Member

Who are you
Life Force:

PostSubject: Re: Diyan Bible (SGW how to)   Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Icon_minitime13th March 2009, 04:40

really? I swear it still offsets losses slightly. I'll test it out when i ascend. Was handy that though, didnt realise it was a bug just assumed having unarmed mercs created a 'human sheild' effect.

I removed the mercs part anyway.
Back to top Go down
Milliardo

Milliardo

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Who are you
Life Force:
Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Left_bar_bleue20003000/20003000Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Empty_bar_bleue  (20003000/20003000)

PostSubject: Re: Diyan Bible (SGW how to)   Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Icon_minitime13th March 2009, 10:23

Mining Bot(Lifers) 18,685,966 (9,023,165)
Untrained Mercenaries 0
Covert Manipulators 1,000,000
Covert Infiltrator Bot 0
Total Fighting Force 20,00,000

This is an example of what he is talking about when you Balance....
500k Super Attackers/500k Super defender/Covert lvl 20/Anti Covert lvl 0
This set up here is your basic farm account, just enough to attack, and just enough to keep from being farmed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faithdarkened
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diyan Bible (SGW how to)   Diyan Bible (SGW how to) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diyan Bible (SGW how to)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Earth Sphere :: FAQ-
Jump to: